Friday, September 26, 2008

The Girl and Her Looks

Wow, can my kid give you her opinion. She only has a few words yet but she makes herself understood. I get now why my mother said I could never hide my thoughts - they were written all over my face. Both kids got that unfortunate trait from me, but the girl (at 20 months) has already taken it to the next level. She can give stink eye with the best of them. She will turn in a circle throwing a temper tantrum, screaming and stomping her tiny feet only to suddenly stop and GLARE at the cause of her irritation. Guess who that usually is? It used to be funny but now I have to admit that occasionally I get the goosebumps from it. Mostly, though, I just understand what it means to have your palm itch to wipe a look off someone's face. I would NEVER slap my baby girl so don't go calling the Division of Child and Family Services on me. I just said I UNDERSTAND now. I hate it when I start to understand my mother. That is far more frightening than any look my kid can dole out. Especially 'cuz I got 35 years on her so I have practice giving the looks right back. Have I mentioned how much I am looking forward to her teenage years?

No comments: